Recognizing the importance of personal data protection in this advanced information communication society, Nippon Kodo, Inc. ("Nippon Kodo") shall comply with any Personal Data Protection Laws and other laws and strive to protect personal data under the following policy. The provisions of all such laws are incorporated herein by this reference.
1.1 Nippon Kodo shall obtain customers' personal data ("Personal Data") by lawful and fair means. The following personal information is collected and maintained by Nippon Kodo:
-Your name, Address, City, State, Zip Code,
- Your email Address,
- Your telephone Number and/or fax number,
- Your Credit Card Information,
- Your product Purchase History,
- Your Shipping Address (if different from mailing address),
- And any other information you may provide in the course of the transaction.
- Any identifier that allows you to be contacted.
- Information concerning your visits to other websites that is used in combination with any of the above. This kind of information includes “click stream” information or information obtained from “cookies” such as information showing the last several websites that you visited and information about your profile or preferences. This information will not be “personally identifiable information” unless it is coupled with any of the information above.
1.2 Children's privacy (Age 12 And Under)
Nippon Kodo takes children’s privacy seriously.
Nippon Kodo does not seek to collect personal information about children through any part of our Web site. Nippon Kodo does not condition a child’s participation in an activity on the disclosure of more personal information than is reasonably necessary to participate in the activity.
If we become aware that a person submitting personal information to us through any part of our Web site is a child, we delete the information as soon as we discover it and do not use it for any purpose, nor do we disclose it to third parties.
Since we do not seek to collect any personal information about children, and we delete any information collected inadvertently as soon as we discover that a child has submitted it, we typically retain no information about children that could be reviewed or deleted. If a parent requests review or deletion of information about their child before we have discovered and deleted the information, then we will of course honor that request.
2.1 Nippon Kodo shall make use of Personal Data within the limits necessary for conducting its business and for the fulfillment of the following purposes:
- providing products and services relating to products purchased by customers and on-line services regarding products, including but not limited to, shipping of products and communication regarding ordered products; - sending information of Nippon Kodo and/or new products which it offers for sale, which would seem useful for customers, via regular mail and/or e-mail;
- examining matters regarding access to the web site of Nippon Kodo ( http://www.nipponkodo.com ); and - utilizing such information as basic data for market analysis
- Nippon Kodo will use industry-standard encryption technologies when transferring and receiving consumer data exchanged with our site. We have appropriate security measures in place in our physical facilities to protect against the loss, misuse or alteration of information that we have collected from you at our site.
- We may be required to disclose Personal Information in connection with law enforcement, fraud prevention, regulation, and other legal action or if we reasonably believe it is necessary to do so to protect us, our customers, or the public.
- If you apply for credit, we will ask you to provide additional information such as salary, social security number and banking information. This information will be used by our financial services providers in determining whether to extend you credit. - If you visit our Web site simply to browse, we may collect general information about the way in which you use our site, including the time and duration of visit, type of Web browser used, the operating system/platform you are using, your IP address, the Web sites from which you linked to us, and your CPU speed. We also may note whether and how
- Credit card information and sensitive personal data are not used for any other purpose by our financial services providers or us and will not be kept longer than necessary for providing the services, unless you ask us to retain your credit card information for future purchases. Credit card numbers are used only for processing payment and will not be used for any other purpose.
We do not sell, rent or lease any personally identifiable information you provide to any unrelated third party, but we may share it with related entities or with unrelated third parties in connection with our own marketing activities, your credit application or credit card processing, or the maintenance and operation of our site, or as may be legally required. (Please do not to send confidential or sensitive information, to us through this site.)
4.1 We are committed to protecting the information you provide us. To prevent unauthorized access or disclosure, to maintain data accuracy, and to ensure the appropriate use of the information, we have in place appropriate physical and managerial procedures to safeguard the information we collect.
4.2 You are advised that other web sites which may be accessed through our site may collect personally identifiable information about you. The information practices of those third-party web sites linked to us are not covered by this privacy statement. Please contact them directly for their privacy statement.
4.3 We use Secure Sockets Layer (SSL) encryption when collecting or transferring sensitive data such as credit card information. (SSL) encryption is designed to make the information unreadable by anyone but us. This security measure is working when you see either the symbol of an unbroken key or closed lock (depending on your browser) on the bottom of your browser window.
4.4 Although we use security that we believe to be appropriate to protect the personal identifying information disclosed to us on this Web site, we do not guarantee that our security precautions will protect against and we expressly disclaim any liability for any loss, misuse, or alteration of your Personal Information or from your access to or use of our information.
When a customer requests the disclosure, correction, suspension of use, or deletion of his/her Personal Data, Nippon Kodo shall promptly respond to such request in accordance with its prescribed procedures. In making the request for disclosure, correction, suspension of use, or deletion, the claimant shall use the format designated by Nippon Kodo and follow its prescribed procedures described below,
- Send an email including your full name, physical mailing address, and zip code.
- Write "Personal Data – List" or "personal Data - Delete" in the subject line
- Send to firstname.lastname@example.org
6.1 Nippon Kodo shall appoint an Administrator for Personal Data who shall be responsible to conduct appropriate control over Personal Data.
6.2 Nippon Kodo shall hold in-house training for its directors and employees concerning the protection of Personal Data and appropriate control thereon, and shall emphasize to the whole company the importance of appropriate management of Personal Data in the day-to-day operations of the business. Employees will have access to Personal Data on a "need-to-know" basis only.
If for any reason, Nippon Kodo or its' assets are ever sold, the customer list is a part of Nippon Kodo’s asset pool and may be sold or transferred in accordance with any applicable laws without your consent.
If for any reason you have questions about this policy, please contact us at email@example.com. Please include your contact information so that we may respond to you accordingly.